SPICY-HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO KEBABS
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
- 1½ lbs. deboned , de skinned chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks.
- 1 large sweet potato. Peel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1½-inch pieces (layers separated).
- Olive oil
- Seven 12-inch bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 mins prior to use).
Spice Mix & Glaze
- 6 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Fill a small saucepan with the potato pieces and add enough water to cover the tops.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, with the lid partially covering the top.
- Stop when potatoes are nearly cooked, but still firm. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare the spice mix and glaze while the potatoes cool. Start by mixing together the garlic salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt, paprika and crushed red pepper.
- Combine your honey and cider vinegar in a separate bowl and set to the side.
- Place your chicken into a medium bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil and coat with half of your spice rub.
- Follow the same procedure for the cooled sweet potato chunks and sweet onion pieces.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and toss with the remaining spice rub.
- Preheat your grill to medium/high. Stick the chicken, sweet potato, and onion on the presoaked skewers and grill for 8 minutes.
- Turn them frequently, until the chicken juices run clear,
- Brush your skewers with the prepared honey glaze.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.