Grilled Asparagus With Spring Pesto
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, raw or roasted
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- Extra-Virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the pesto, combine the walnuts, cheese and the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add the lemon zest, basil, mint and garlic and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until crisp-tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes (if you’re using thin asparagus spears, grill only a short time, as they will cook quickly.
- Remove the asparagus from the grill and drizzle with the pesto.
Recipe from Twin Eagles Grills