Smoked Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
Time: 5 min
A Smoked Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail with a twist. It’s a variation of the traditional Old Fashioned cocktail, which is typically made with whiskey, sugar, bitters, and a citrus peel garnish. The smoked version adds an extra layer of flavor by incorporating a smoky element. This smoked old fashioned cocktail recipe is the perfect companion to a delicious grilled meal surrounded by the outdoor fire pit. There are many variations to an old fashioned, and this is a traditional version that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 ice cube (preferably large)
- 2 oz. Kings County Peated Bourbon (or bourbon or whisky of choice)
- 1 tsp sugar (or 1 cube)
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Fresh Blackberry for Garnish
- Orange peel for Garnish
- Add the sugar to the bottom of a rocks glass.
- Add a few dashes of bitters to saturate the sugar. Stir with the back of a spoon.
- Add the bourbon or whiskey.
- Add a large ice cube.
- Stir to chill the cocktail.
- Finish with a blackberry and an orange peel for garnish.
Remember, the smoking process is about enhancing the aroma and flavor of the cocktail. It’s important not to overdo it, as too much smoke can overpower the drink. Start with a shorter smoking time and adjust to your taste preferences. Enjoy your Smoked Old Fashioned responsibly!
Still hungry? Check out our recipe collection – a curated selection of utter deliciousness! Need a grill? We’ve got those too! Find The Outdoor Appliance Store on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn for more expert tips, top-notch product insights, and mouthwatering recipes.