Smoked Chipotle BBQ Ribs On The Big Green Egg
|1 Each / Rack of Ribs
1 /3 Cup / Kosher Salt
1/3 Cup Sugar
3 Each / Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
4 each / Cloves Garlic
3 Quarts / Water
As Needed / Dry Rub Seasoning
As Needed / Chipotle Seasoning
As Needed / Black and Tan Sesame Sauce
As Needed / Micro Greens
|Rack of Ribs (St. Louis)
Brine (Water, Sugar, Salt, Rosemary, Garlic)
Dry Rub Seasoning
Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Black & Tan Sesame Seeds
- Add water, sugar, salt, rosemary and garlic to pot and bring to a simmer
- Cool until below 41 degrees.
- Place cleaned ribs in a bag with the bring, make sure it is completely submerged.
- Allow to brine for a minimum for 8 hours
- Preheat grill to 225.
- Remove ribs from brine and season all sides with dry rub
- Place on grill and allow to cook, low and slow for 2 hours (Time will vary depending on the type on grill. We Highly suggest the big green egg) You’re looking for an internal temperate off 170 degrees.
- After two hours begin basting the ribs with chipotle bbq sauce on both sides every 20 minutes (2-3 times).
Remove from grill and allow to rest. Cut, plate and garnish!