Fall-Inspired Grill Recipes
When the weather gets cooler, don’t pack the grill up! That crisp autumn air is the perfect time to spend more time in your outdoor kitchen or outside grilling with friends and family. After a summer full of grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, it may be time to switch up your go-to grill recipes. So what food do you grill in the cooler months? Here are some of our favorite fall grill recipes to enjoy any night of the week.
This delicious smoked brisket is cooked on a kamado grill and takes a little patience, but it’s beyond worth it in the end. A flavorful smoked brisket is a perfect meal for a crisp fall night with friends! So if you want to feed a crowd for a football game this season, here is your go-to smoked brisket recipe.
- 12-14 lb beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Trim excess fat from brisket and trim fat cap to about ¼ inch thickness
- Mix dry rub seasonings and spread generously on all sides of the brisket
- Preheat kamado grill to 225F
- Place brisket on the grill with the fat side down and close the lid
- Once the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165F (after about 8 hours), wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Return to grill and cook until the brisket reaches about 202F (approximately 5-8 hours)
- Remove from grill and let rest for 1 hour before slicing
Grilled Maple-Glazed Chicken
This chicken recipe provides all the warmth and comfort flavors you want as the year closes out. Pair this grilled chicken with autumn vegetables, and you’ll have a perfectly cozy and delicious meal. This maple-glazed chicken recipe is perfect for a busy weekday filled with work, school, and practices because you can prepare the maple marinade in the morning and quickly put it on the grill at dinner time. Grill this chicken on a high-quality BBQ grill to get the best cooking experience.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients and place chicken in the marinade, and store in the refrigerator for several hours
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Grill 10-15 minutes, occasionally turning until internal temperature reaches 165F
- Serve with desired vegetables and side dish
Grilled Beer Brats
Whether you’re preparing for the big game at home or the stadium, this grilled brats is the ideal tailgating recipe. It gives everyone a unique experience from the usual hot dogs, but it’s still a crowd-pleaser. The difference-maker in these grilled beer brats is they are boiled before finishing off on the grill. If you’re planning to grill on the go this season, you can find a variety of quality portable grills like the Blaze Professional Portable Gas Grill.
- 4-6 bratwurst sausages
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 24 ounces of beer
- Place beer, onion, and brats in a mixing bowl, close tightly, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours
- Boil the brats in the beer onion mixture for 10-12 minutes either in a pot on the stovetop or grill using a cast-iron skillet or heat-safe Dutch oven.
- Transfer boiled brats to a preheated grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side
- Serve with a toasted bun and desired toppings
Grilled Butternut Squash
We can’t leave these fall-inspired recipes without including a fresh fall vegetable on the grill. Butternut squash is an autumn staple, and you’ll find it even more delicious on the grill. Best of all, it’s easy to prepare and cook on your grill. You can also combine with more of your favorite fall vegetables this season.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 butternut squash (small), peeled and cut lengthwise in ½ inch slices
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, pepper, and salt in a bowl and brush over squash
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Grill squash about 4 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve with your favorite main dish
Get Grilling This Fall Season
Now, as the weather cools down, it makes long days and evenings outside more pleasant. So get creative this fall and winter with your grilling recipes! For a little something sweet try Grilled Apple Pie.
There’s always an occasion to fire up the grill and gather the ones you love for lifelong memories. If you’re looking to create the outdoor kitchen of your dreams or upgrade your outdoor cooking appliances, The Outdoor Appliance Store is here to help. Contact us today for our free design services and learn more about our high-quality BBQ grills and smokers.
Stay up-to-date with The Outdoor Appliance Store on Facebook and Instagram.
You may also like…Trying New Recipes On Your Outdoor Grill