FOR THE APPLES
- 4 assorted apples (granny smith, honeycrisp, gala), cored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
FOR THE CRUST
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 1 premade pie crust
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- Ice cream
- Toasted chopped pecans
- Heat grill over medium heat. In a large bowl toss together apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust out and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar all over. Cut dough in half widthwise, then cut into 32 – 1” strips.
- Make individual lattice crusts by laying 4 strips of crust side by side. Lift one end of the 1st and 3rd piece of crust and lay a 5th piece on top. Lay the 1st and 3rd back down and lift the 2nd and 4th pieces. Lay a 6th piece on top and repeat with 2 more pieces of crust. Repeat to make 3 more lattice tops with remaining crust.
- Cut 4 large pieces of foil about 10” long and divide apples between foil pieces. Place a lattice top on each and roll top and bottom edges of foil to seal. Place on grill and cook until apples are fork tender and crust is cooked, 15 minutes.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, caramel, and toasted pecans before serving.
Recipe From www.food.theffeed.com