Keep That Smoke From Clouding Your Patio Area
One of the quickest ways to spoil a nice weekend afternoon in the backyard is to have a bunch of smoke accumulate in your lanai or on your patio. You’re trying to cook a delicious lunch for the entire family, but the smoke from your grill keeps clouding the area. With the right outdoor venting hood, you can avoid this issue easily.
Choosing a hood for your outdoor kitchen can be difficult, especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. The professionals at The Outdoor Appliance Store can help you make not only a cost-efficient selection, but also the right one based on the grill and features you have in your outdoor kitchen.
There are outdoor range hoods that are made specifically to go above your outdoor grill of choice. Keep the following recommendations in mind when making a selection:
• Does your hood need additional modifications? Such as enclosing a nearby opening or creating a buffer to the outside elements?
• Having a powerful fan is very important. We usually recommend nothing lower than 1200 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
• The hood should be larger than the grill you’ve chosen so that it can “catch” the smoke a little easier.
• Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on proper venting size.
At The Outdoor Appliance Store, we want to make sure every customer finds the perfect options for his or her new outdoor kitchen. If you need a new vent hood so that your backyard cookouts don’t get too smoky, shop with us today!
High Performance At An Affordable Price
The last thing you want when you’re grilling is to have a bunch of smoke accumulating in your lanai or back porch, clouding your grilling experience and impacting your guests’ enjoyment of your backyard. Choosing a vent hood for your outdoor kitchen can be difficult. Especially if you don’t know what to look for. You may need to speak to a professional to help you make not only a cost-efficient selection, but also the right one based on the grill and features you have in your outdoor kitchen. Outdoor vent hoods can make all the difference.
There are outdoor vent hoods out on the market made specifically to go above your grill of choice. Keep the following recommendations in mind when making a selection:
Venting hoods: Do you need one for your outdoor kitchen?
- Determine if your hood location needs additional modification such as enclosing a nearby opening or creating a buffer to the outside elements.
- Having a powerful fan is very important, so we usually recommend nothing lower than 1200 CFM.
- The hood should be larger than the grill you’ve chosen to be able to “catch” the smoke a little easier.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on proper venting size.
If you are replacing an existing hood, make sure the venting that exists is as specified by the outdoor vent hood manufacturer. Also, check that the roof vent cover is sized correctly to receive the new venting. You don’t want your outdoor grill hood to underperform because of small venting. The bottom of your venting hood should not exceed 36″ above the countertop. If the hood is placed any lower, you may hit your head on the corner, and if it is placed any higher, the slightest breeze could affect the ventilation hood’s performance (one reason that we recommend at least a 1200 CFM blower in outdoor vent hoods).
If you’re shopping for a new outdoor vent hood for your backyard, look through our options today!