Pepper-Crusted Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Bacon-Infused Potato Packets
For the Potato Packets:
- 16 small fingerling or baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2 –inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed finely
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One (2 1/2-lb) center-cut beef tenderloin roast – trimmed and tied
- Stir together the black pepper, pink peppercorns and salt in a small bowl, then add the oil and stir to combine.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the beef tenderloin.
- Lay two large pieces of aluminum foil, facing separate directions, on a work surface. Repeat to assemble a second packet.
- Place half of the bacon pieces in the center of each foil preparation. Place half of the potato halves on top of both piles of bacon.
- Add half of the garlic cloves to each pile of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each pile. Toss to coat.
- For the first packet, pull up the sides of both pieces of foil and fold the top tightly to make a packet. Seal the second packet in the same manner.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles Grill so that one half of the grill is on high heat and the other side is on medium heat. Place the potato packets on the medium-heat side and cook, turning the packets every 15 minutes, for about 40 minutes total.
- While the packets are cooking, place the beef tenderloin on the hot side of the grill and sear all over until well browned, turning often. It will take about 15 minutes to sear the beef. Move the beef to the coolest part of grill, and tent the tenderloin with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Grill until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of the tenderloin registers 120°F for medium-rare, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill and place it on a cutting board. Tent the tenderloin with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the beef thinly and serve on top of the potatoes.
Recipe from Twin Eagles Grills