Honey Glazed Smoked Ham
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tbsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 16 lbs “ready to eat” ham
- The evening before smoking, mix together paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of dry mustard.
- Rub on the surface of your ham and wrap in foil to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, allow the ham to sit out for approximately 1 hour, with the foil removed.
- Now prepare your smoker, you will be smoking at around 210 degrees for 6 hours.
- Combine the pineapple juice, vegetable oil, chicken stock, dry mustard, and cloves, then warm over medium heat until thoroughly mixed.
- Place your ham into your smoker and baste with sauce once every hour.
- While the ham is smoking, make your glaze by mixing the pineapple juice, dry mustard, honey, and a pinch of ground cloves.
- Generously coat the ham multiple times during the last hour of cooking.