Grilled Portobello Burgers with Garlic Mayo
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dark or light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil for grilling
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion
- 4 buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 portobello mushrooms, gills, and stems removed
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Combine your marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sit mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms.
- Rub sufficiently to coat all sides. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
To make your garlic mayo, stir chives, garlic powder and salt into mayonnaise in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat your grill grate in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place small red onion rings and mushrooms on the grill for 5 to 7 minutes (per side). Once they are both dark and tender, remove from grill.
- To dress, put garlic mayo on the top and bottom bun, place lettuce and a few onions. Top with your mushroom and cover with the top bun.
- Plate and serve.