If you’re a fan of bold flavors and a bit of heat, these Grilled Jalapeño Poppers are a must-try for your next barbecue or outdoor gathering. The combination of creamy cheese, smoky bacon, and the kick of jalapeños creates a mouthwatering appetizer that’s sure to be a hit. Fire up the grill and get ready to tantalize your taste buds!
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
1. Prepare the Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, aiming for a temperature of around 375°F (190°C). Make sure the grill grates are clean and well-oiled to prevent sticking.
2. Prep the Jalapeños: Wearing gloves, slice each jalapeño in half lengthwise, leaving the stems intact. Remove the seeds and membranes to reduce the heat level. The more seeds you leave, the spicier the poppers will be.
3. Prepare the Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
4. Stuff the Jalapeños: Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture. Smooth the filling to ensure even cooking.
5. Wrap with Bacon: Take a half-slice of bacon and wrap it around each stuffed jalapeño, securing it with a toothpick. This not only adds a smoky flavor but also helps hold everything together during grilling.
6. Grill to Perfection: Place the jalapeño poppers on the preheated grill, ensuring they are not directly over the flames. Grill for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy, and the jalapeños are tender. Rotate them occasionally for even cooking.
7. Serve and Enjoy: Carefully remove the jalapeño poppers from the grill and let them cool slightly. Arrange them on a serving platter and watch as they disappear before your eyes. Serve with a side of ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Experiment with different cheeses for a unique twist.
- For a milder version, choose smaller jalapeños or remove all the seeds.
- Soak the toothpicks in water before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
These Grilled Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect combination of heat and cheesy goodness. Share them with friends and family at your next gathering, and get ready for compliments and recipe requests. Enjoy the spicy sensation straight from the grill! Happy grilling!
You may also like…Outdoor Living: Watch The Game on The Patio!